Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Joints in structural floor slab[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Joints in structural floor slab
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:41:29 -0600
I am designing structural slab 80 ft. x 180 ft. It is a suspended slab on drilled piers. Supports are typically about 15 ft. on center. I am investigating the need for jointing. I have a 6 inch slab with #4 top and bottom reinforcing each way. Since this is a structural slab I don’t see a need for shrinkage joints. I was wondering what precautions should be taken to minimize shrinkage cracking of the concrete. Also, would the 180 ft. span be too long for a single pour? Would a construction joint be recommended?
Thanks for any insight
- Prev by Subject: Re: Job Vacancy -- in Nigeria
- Next by Subject: RE: Joints in structural floor slab
- Previous by thread: CIP column design
- Next by thread: RE: Joints in structural floor slab