From: Kevin Below < kevinbelow(--nospam--at)videotron.ca>
Date: 16-Dec-2005 04:27
Subject: RE: Column design
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Wow.  That's a tough situation Ashraf.  I support you 100 %, but it sounds like you will have to take on a whole country.

You may want to check the fire rating of a 20 cm column.  I think that the Canadian code for example, will require a reduction of capacity if you need a fire rating.

Probably the code (depends on which code you are using) will not require you to consider biaxial bending on corner columns, but certainly uniaxial bending on edge columns must be considered.

génio structure

Kevin Below, ing., Ph.D. en Structures

290, rue Seigneuriale

Beauport, (Québec) G1C 3P8