Re: Column design

What I feel regarding the Kuwaiti design practice is that most of the engineers are using wl2/8 for their design simply because it's easy.
Scott:
I  agree with what you have said. Definitely in CIP columns there is  moment tranfer and should be designed for moments.
ASQuilala:
I don't agree with your view and your argument is against ACI 318 S.8.8.1. What will happen if we are not designing column for the moment it attracts based on the gross section area?.