CDN regulatory enviroment [was Typical SIP roof to SIP wall connection]

> From: "Gary Hodgson & Associates" <ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca>

> Yes, everybody should know you have to protect the
> public from all those other PHD's.
> Gary

> > Kevin Below, ing., Ph.D. en Structures

> > P.S. I have added "en structures" to my title, not to be more
> > pretentious, but because it is now a legal requirement in Quebec.  To
> > protect the public from those who have a Ph.D. in something else.  We
> > love rules and regulations.

One of my professors at Waterloo was involved in designing bio-mech
devices (replacement hips, spine aids, etc.) He ALWAYS insisted on being
called DOCTOR to ensure professional/peer equivalence in meetings,
pre-op planning and operating rooms.

I fear that there will now be some layering of the engineering license
in Ontario as a result of the Ministry responsible for Building Codes
and Permit Obfuscation trying to regulate the engineering practice. I
may become:
Paul Ransom, P.Eng, Small Buildings, Large Buildings, Structural, Legal
Designer

Additionally, the OSPE wants to lobby to modify the engineering practice
requirements so I might have to add qualifiers for my Certificate of
Autorization, on top of my license.

This is NOT the way to protect ANYBODY.

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.