Re: IBC 2003 Section 1621.2.6.1?

Neil:
   It looks like IBC needs to hire new proofreaders.  It looks like with the 2003 IBC, this section largely references ASCE 7 with exceptions.  Looking at the 2000 IBC, it also made reference to 1621.2.6.1 but that section was for Special access floors.  It was section 1621.2.7 of the 2000 IBC that actually referred to partition bracing.  That section is what makes up the ammended ASCE 7 section 9.6.2.8.1 as noted on page 342 of the 2003 IBC

Gary Grinstead
Plancheck Engineer
City of Stockton
(209) 937-5097
Gary.Grinstead(--nospam--at)ci.stockton.ca.us

>>> nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com 12/19/2005 9:05:40 AM >>>
According to the 2003 IBC index, there is a Section 1621.2.6.1 which
has to do with the seismic bracing of partitions according to the
index.   Does anyone know where this section is?  It isn't on my code
book page 342 and I didn't find any reference to this in the erratas.

Neil Moore, S.E.