From: Mark D. Baker [mailto:shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 9:04 AM
To: seaint
Subject: fema 350

My previous message does not appear to have gone through properly, sorry for
the double post:

I am going to be using an omf with a WUF-B moment connection in a two story
wood framed residential project designed per FEMA 350. 97 UBC is in effect
here. Please correct the following if wrong:

Member design will be per load combinations of section 1612.3.1 of 97 UBC.,
no 1/3 incr.

Columns checked per 2213.5.1 of 97 UBC.

Joint designed per 3.5.1.1 of FEMA 350 for Plastic Moment + contribution
from shear of beam gravity loads considering location of plastic hinge.

Beam gravity loads should be strength level, ie.1.2D+.5L.

When designing the joint per FEMA 350, UBC section 2213.6 item 2 (design
strength of connection capable of resisting combination of gravity loads and
omega times seismic) is not applicable..correct?

Thanks in advance.

Mark