Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Bridge slide bearings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Bridge slide bearings
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:00:27 -0800
I'm designing a walkway bridge slide bearing using a steel base plate bearing/sliding on a uhmwpe (ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) sliding surface. There is 3" of design movement. Does anyone know what allowable bearing pressured should be used for the uhmwpe? I have questions in to plastics manufacturers but I think they all have the holiday weeks off.
Thanks all and happy holidays!
Bob Garner, S.E.
Moffatt & Nichol
Tel.: (619) 220-6050
Fax.: (619) 220-6055
- Prev by Subject: RE: bridge falsework design
- Next by Subject: RE: Bridge slide bearings
- Previous by thread: RE: Costly seminars and Code corrections
- Next by thread: RE: Bridge slide bearings