Bridge slide bearings

I'm designing a walkway bridge slide bearing using a steel base plate bearing/sliding on a uhmwpe (ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) sliding surface.  There is 3" of design movement.  Does anyone know what allowable bearing pressured should be used for the uhmwpe?  I have questions in to plastics manufacturers but I think they all have the holiday weeks off.

Thanks all and happy holidays!

Bob Garner, S.E.

R. Garner

Moffatt & Nichol