Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Bridge slide bearings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Bridge slide bearings
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:51:58 -0600
Aren’t there manufactured bearings of this kind that would be a better “fit” for this? In effect they’ve already done the “engineering” and you just have to make a selection?
From: Garner, Robert
I'm designing a walkway bridge slide bearing using a steel base plate bearing/sliding on a uhmwpe (ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) sliding surface. There is 3" of design movement. Does anyone know what allowable bearing pressured should be used for the uhmwpe? I have questions in to plastics manufacturers but I think they all have the holiday weeks off.
- Prev by Subject: Bridge slide bearings
- Next by Subject: RE: Bridge slide bearings
- Previous by thread: Bridge slide bearings
- Next by thread: RE: Bridge slide bearings