From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 11:55 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: how thick steel angle ok for self tapping screws?

I’ve not taken the time to go look everything up, but I don’t believe it is necessary to have “complete” penetration of both “plies”. IOW, one can penetrate “a certain distance” into the ply that is “not in contact with the screw-head,” and the calculation for the capacity allows for that.

I could be mistaken—or terribly out of date.