RE: FEMA 350 & ANSI/AISC 358-05

Ben,

Thanks for the answer.

   I see that the new AISC 341-05 (2005 Seismic Provisions) references AISC 358 for SMF and IMF, but not for OMF.

So I'm thinking the building code (UBC here in S.J.) would reference the AISC Specification which would trigger the AISC Seismic Provisions if you want to use an R of 3.0 or greater.  These provisions say use a prequalified SMF or IMF as specified in AISC 358, or you're stuck with testing a prototype.  Is that correct?

  Or, is there a way to do an OMF without using an IMF, SMF or testing and still satisfy the UBC?  IBC 2003?

  Thanks,
MJ