RE: dynamic foundations

Arya, O'Neill, and Pincus have published two papers in "Hydrocarbon Processing". These two papers are included in their book.

Another good book is by Alexander Major " Dynamics in Civil Engineering" the second edition has four volumes. but it includes all type of foundations ( design examples cover over 100 pages)

>>> ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com 12/20/05 12:31 PM >>>
ACI 351.3R-04, Foundations for Dynamic Equipment.

"Design of Structures and Foundations for Vibrating Machines, by Arya,
O'Neill, and Pincus, published by Gulf Publishing Company.

Good luck - you've got a lot of research to do.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311