RE: The 13th Ed. of AISC Manual

Ah, when it comes to concrete, which SI metric do you want? <grin> There
are several "flavors" to choose from which mainly effect rebar sizes and
size designations.  This is why ACI has such a tough time coming up with
an official "metricfication" (real word? if so, spelling?) policy for
doing their dual units in their publications (I believe that ACI's
official policy is that all ACI documents are supposed to be published in
dual units...i.e. Imperial [foot, inch, etc] and SI/metric).  Beyond the
issue of rebar, there still needs to be a consensus of what are the
official metric units to use in various situations so that we all use the
same stuff (not that it is that hard to move between various metric
magnitudes).  For example, if you do a cross section of a concrete beam,
do you use mm, cm, or m for the linear dimensions?  Some folks like mm
while others prefer cm.

So getting the "SI metric thing back on track" ain't such an easy
thing...and that is not even starting to talk about getting entrenched,
old fart dogs (which includes me at this point more than likely) to learn
new tricks!  <grin>

Regards,

Scott (who technically works for a Canadian company now who is forced to
do it "our" [i.e. Imperial units] way since they sell/work a LOT in the US
<grin> ah, the power to be unilateralists!!!! <grin>)
Adrian, MI