RE: cantilevered member deflection limit

If it helps you remeber in the future, think of it this way...

A simplly supported beam of length L produces maximum moment that is the
same as a cantilever beam of length L0 where L0 is half of L (assuming the
same load)...thus 1/2*L=L0 or L=2*L0

So, now take your L/360 deflection limit and plug in the above.  You will
get 2*L0/360 which will reduce to L0/180.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI