From: Gary Hodgson & Associates [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: The 13th Ed. of AISC Manual

Scott,
  I may be wrong but I think there are several flavours
of metric of which SI is only one but it is consistent.
  I just came back from Great Britain where they are
more into metric but I noticed that a lot of road signs
are still in miles.  Engineering on the other hand seems
to be 100% metric.  I also noticed that they use a
shiney structural bolt which really stands out and they
are easy to count from a distance.  And they certainly
cut a lot of holes in beams for services ahead of time--
I think to save space between floors.  Any body else
have any comments on this?
Gary
that space is at a premium