bridge falsework design

I have been asked to provide design calc’s. for design of bridge falsework. The query comes from an experienced contractor and I would be justifying use of his chosen falsework members and layout (or disapproving whichever the case may be). I have not yet committed to this job as I would like to hear thoughts on the subject from members of the list with relevant experience.

This project is in southern California, I would assume Caltrans has some falsework design criteria, what if anything can someone in the area tell me of their experiences with this type of work?

Regards,

Mark D. Baker