Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Interface require for large Reciprocating Compressor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Interface require for large Reciprocating Compressor
- From: Bhavin Shah <bhavin.design(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 22:27:19 +0530
Sub : Interface require for large Reciprocating Compressor
This has reference to interface which may require for design of Large Reciprocating Compressor with the other agencies. It has been tried to list down some of the critical points which may require interface between Manufacturer of the machine, Grouting Agency and Structural Engineer, apart from detailed design of foundation for large Reciprocating Compressor.
- Flexibility of the Compressor Frame :
- Gas forces transmitted on the foundation depends upon flexibility of the frame relative to foundation block.
- Flexible frame transmits quite high percentage of gas force than rigid frame. Hence, assumption of the rigid frame may lead to unconservative estimate of the loading on the foundation.
- Pulsation Analysis :
- Amplitudes of vibration may increase dramatically, if acoustic natural frequency of the piping system and forcing frequency of the equipment are close to each other.
- Problems associated with pulsation are failure of valves, excessive vibration,damage to the parts of machine etc.
- To avoid problem at letter stage, Pulsation analysis is required to be carried out at the design stage.
- This acoustic design will produce the dimensions of inlet / discharge bottles to be accommodated on the foundation.
- Anchor Bolt : (GMRC Research Report)
- Tensile stress is generated at the termination of the anchor bolt in concrete. It has been found out that value of this tensile stress is quite high and also effect of increasing reinforcement will not reduce the local value of tensile stress. Hence, cracks will be developed at the termination of the anchor bolt in the concrete.
- As the cracking zone of concrete shall be kept away from oil, length of anchor bolt may be increased so that cracking zone of concrete can be lowered down.
- In calculations of preload in anchor bolts, creep loss in grout shall be considered.
- Grouting :
- Normally epoxy grouts are used.
- Higher compressive strength / higher thickness of grout leads to higher creep losses which shall be considered for the anchor bolts, as mentioned above.
- As coefficient of thermal expansion are different for epoxy and concrete, additional reinforcement details may be provided to prevent cracks due to edge lifting.
Please add the other critical points which may require interface for the same. Your comments / views / suggestions are invited.
Civil / Structural Engineer
L&T-Chiyoda Limited, Baroda
Cell no : 9879456230
- Prev by Subject: Interesting Bridge
- Next by Subject: interior applied product to stop ground water from wicking thru
- Previous by thread: Re: Pipe Protection Below Mat Foundations
- Next by thread: Moment releases for RCC beam to beam connection in STAAD