From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 4:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Concrete pricing

Cement is the ingrediant driving price.  Most concrete in the US is
batched
from local cement kilns.

The demand on the Front Range has been particularly high recently.
Holcim (
a major cement kiln) shut down recently due to some problems with their
main
kiln.  This cut cement production (already strained) in half for about a

week.  Holcim was rationing cement to ready mix plants.

Cements on the world market are being consumed by China.

Low supply of cement and high demand of concrete have jacked prices up.

Regards,
Harold Sprague