Re: Aggregate Spec (Re-post)

Paul,

You might take a look at ASTM C 294.  I don't think it will get you what
you are looking for but it might.  I don't have it myself, but it does
deal with the constituent materials of aggregates (the title is Standard
Descriptive Nomenclature for Constituents of Concrete Aggregates).  I
doubt you will be just able to say "per ASTM C 294", but you might be able
to come up with something from ASTM C 294 that you can use to "zero in"
your spec.

I did look through the ACI MCP and did not really find anything there.
The only thing that might help from that was that there are ASTM tests
that could "tangentially" help identify carbonate aggregate, but since I
am not intimately familiar with any of those tests I cannot say for sure.

My last suggestion is to contact PCA and ask them if they have any
guidance.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI