RE: 2005 AISC Seismic Provisions

It depends upon what you mean by "becoming official"?  The cover page of
the standard indicates the 2005 Provisions were dated 3-9-05 and
Supplement No. 1 was dated 11-16-05.  But of course, the public didn't
have copies yet.

The Provisions become "official" for a specific project only when the
governing codes or project requirements adopt the new provisions.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311