From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:45 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: Bieber, Gustaf
Subject: RE: Cement Pricing for January, 2006?

Ken,
I follow the market to a degree.  Attached is a link to an interesting
article about the Colorado cement supplies.
http://www.bizjournals.com/bizspace/denver/local_column/?story_id=116466
2

With 3 major kilns in Colorado and another in southern Wyoming, Colorado
has
not been adversly effected as much as some other states.  It is
intersting
that all of the kilns in Colorado are owned either by a Mexican (Cemex)
company or a Swiss (Holcim) company.  But that is a national trend with
cement and concrete.  The US has a very high tariff on imported cements.
belive the imported Mexican cement has a 50 to 80% tarriff.

The Florence Holcim cement plant was the one that was off line in
September.
  The September shutdown was not scheduled and came after they expanded
the
capacity of the plant.

New kilns are being constructed in Missouri and in Nevada.  I am sure
that
there are others with such a high national demand.  One of the issues is

that the heat required for the kilns has the potential to cause air
polution.

National projections that I have read show an increase in cement demand
from
2005 to 2006 of 15-18%.  I am not sure what the Colorado projections
indicate, but they can't be too far from the National trend.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

>From: "Auge, Ken" <Ken.Auge(--nospam--at)dot.state.co.us>
>To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>,<spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
>CC: "Bieber, Gustaf" <Gustaf.Bieber(--nospam--at)dot.state.co.us>
>Subject: Cement Pricing for January, 2006?
>Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:49:12 -0700
>
>Please update me as to the latest price trends for Cement.  Any more
>changes for the Colorado market?
>Thanks,
>
>Ken Auge
>Contracts & Market Analysis Branch
>Engineering Estimates and Market Analysis Unit
>Engineer-In-Training III
>Colorado Dept of Transportation
>4201 E Arkansas
>Denver, CO 80222
>Tel: 303-757-9860

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how