Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: AISC Steel Spec Combine forces question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: AISC Steel Spec Combine forces question
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:27:48 -0600
Title: RE: AISC Steel Spec Combine forces question
>Robert Garner wrote:
>I see other places where it says
>something like "Sxc = the section
>modulus referred to the compression
>flange....". So basically,
>"referred to" could be replaced
>with the word, "of".
Not in that case. In the above, Sxc is Ix divided by the distance from the neutral axis to the extreme fiber of the compression flange (not the tension flange, which is a different distance when the cross-section is singly symmetric. The "referred to" phrasing is important there.
- Prev by Subject: RE: AISC Steel Spec Combine forces question
- Next by Subject: AISI Cold Formed Steel Design
- Previous by thread: RE: AISC Steel Spec Combine forces question
- Next by thread: ASCE 7 Story Drift & STAAD