Re: METRICS AND OTHER DELIGHTS

On Jan 2, 2006, at 2:50 AM, ASC wrote:

The fact that the US is the only country clinging to a system devised by Romans
should be a sufficient motivation to drop it.

Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the f**king Judean People's Front.

Reg		They bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had.
			 not just from us, but from our fathers, and from our fathers'
			fathers. … And what have they ever given us in return?
(Rebel2)  The aquaduct?
Reg		What?
Rebel2		The aquaduct.
Reg		Oh yeah, yeah. They did give us that. That's true, yeah.
Rebel3		And sanitation.
Loretta Oh yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be like. Reg Yeah, all right, I'll grant you the aquaduct, the santation are two things the Romans
			 have done...
Mathias	And the roads.
Reg Well, yeah. Obviously the roads, I mean the roads go without saying, don't they? But
			apart from the sanitation, the aquaduct, and the roads...
Rebel4		Irrigation.
Rebel2		Medcine.
Rebel5		Education.
Reg		Yeah, yeah, all right. Fair enough...
Rebel1		And the wine.
Rebels Oh, yeah Francis Yeah. Yeah, That's something that we'd really miss, Reg, if the
			Romans left, huh.
Rebel6		Public baths.
Loretta	And it's safe to walk the in streets at night now, Reg.
Francis Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it, the only ones who could
			in a place like this.
PFJ			Huhuhuh. Huhuhuhuhuh.
Reg All right. But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health... What have the Romans
			ever done for us?
Rebel2		Brought peace?

(The wisdom of the ages)

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/