Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: METRICS AND OTHER DELIGHTS

On Jan 2, 2006, at 2:50 AM, ASC wrote:

> The fact that the US is the only country clinging to a system devised
> by Romans
> should be a sufficient motivation to drop it.

Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans
are the f**king Judean People's Front.

Reg They bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had.
not just from us, but from our fathers, and from our fathers'
fathers. … And what have they ever given us in return?
(Rebel2)  The aquaduct?
Reg What?
Rebel2 The aquaduct.
Reg Oh yeah, yeah. They did give us that. That's true, yeah.
Rebel3 And sanitation.
Loretta Oh yeah, the sanitation, Reg. Remember what the city used to be
like.
Reg Yeah, all right, I'll grant you the aquaduct, the santation are
two things the Romans
have done...
Mathias And the roads.
Reg Well, yeah. Obviously the roads, I mean the roads go without
saying, don't they? But
apart from the sanitation, the aquaduct, and the roads...
Rebel4 Irrigation.
Rebel2 Medcine.
Rebel5 Education.
Reg Yeah, yeah, all right. Fair enough...
Rebel1 And the wine.
Rebels Oh, yeah Francis Yeah. Yeah, That's something that we'd really
miss, Reg,  if the
Romans left, huh.
Rebel6 Public baths.
Loretta And it's safe to walk the in streets at night now, Reg.
Francis Yeah, they certainly know how to keep order. Let's face it,
the only ones who could
in a place like this.
PFJ Huhuhuh. Huhuhuhuhuh.
Reg All right. But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education,
wine, public order,
irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health... What
have the Romans
ever done for us?
Rebel2 Brought peace?

(The wisdom of the ages)

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org