Re: SI metric

> I'm a bit wounded at being included amongst your SI 'naysayers'--I was

Sorry if you perceived such a slight. Neither am I a metric
fist-pounder. I would prefer to be working in a single system (I'm
currently bi-metric in the dictionary sense of the word) but use what
works for you.

The US government, officially, keeps waffling on the issue and that
probably costs the country (yours and mine) more money than anything
else. In the mean-time, US commerce is not just becoming DUAL measure
but in some cases, SI-only. Eventually, somebody will have to bite the
bullet and teach it aggressively in the schools to catch up with
business.

I note on the NIST web-site that several of the public comments were
submitted by engineers. I did not see any that were against the switch.

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International