Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Motherboards[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Motherboards
- From: "Avicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:50:54 -0800
For the techies in our midst.
I recently upgraded my secondary computer motherboard to one similar to the one in my main system.
An ASUS P4P800SE. It assembled OK and all features are working except I cannot get the chipset drivers to install. At about 15% it hangs the computer and also causes the W2000 OS to be corrupted. I have to repair the OS each time I try.
1) I have tested the memory
2) It has been suggested that my W2K OS is not a "genuine" one. That, like XP might not get the right upgrades. Don't think that's the problem because although I inherited the OS with an old computer, I still get all the updates etc.
Has anyone had this problem?
Thor Tandy P.Eng MIStructE
- Prev by Subject: RE: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day (with apologies to Bill O'Reilly) - Epilogue
- Next by Subject: RE: Motherboards
- Previous by thread: RE: spectral response acceleration definition
- Next by thread: Re: Motherboards