Re: Motherboards

Reminds me of a similar ASUS problem a year or so back. IIRC trying to update my drivers corrupted the chipset (some incompatabilty problem). It took two tries with new chipsets to get it all sorted out. Good luck.
Chuck Utzman,PE

Avicpeng wrote:
For the techies in our midst.

I recently upgraded my secondary computer motherboard to one similar to the one in my main system.

An ASUS P4P800SE.  It assembled OK and all features are working except I cannot get the chipset drivers to install.  At about 15% it hangs the computer and also causes the W2000 OS to be corrupted.  I have to repair the OS each time I try.

1)    I have tested the memory

2)    It has been suggested that my W2K OS is not a "genuine" one.  That, like XP might not get the right upgrades.  Don't think that's the problem because although I inherited the OS with an old computer, I still get all the updates etc.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Thor Tandy P.Eng MIStructE
Victoria, BC