RE: "The Eyes Of Texas..."

The problem was that Carroll must have been channeling Lloyd Carr who
constantly channels Bo Shembechler.  You would think that anyone that
has ever watched a bit of Michigan football tape (which Carroll certainly
did in preparing for the Wolverines in the Rose Bowl a couple years ago)
would realize that "power running" the ball on 4th and short usually gets
you no where.  That is EXACTLY the kind of crappy play call that I expect
from Michigan coaches...didn't expect it from Carroll.  The thing that I
can definitely say is that Carr would not have had the stones to go for
it at that point in the game...most likely.  I give Carroll some credit
for taking the chance...but then you live by the sword, you die by the
sword...it is possible that a conservative play call (aka punt) might have
been enough to make the difference (i.e. the extra 25 yards that Texas
would have likely had to have gone could have made the difference...but
not likely the way Young was playin').

Scott
Adrian, MI