RE: "The Eyes Of Texas..."

Dude,

I am betting Lloyd Carr has had a twitch for about a year now every that
someone mentions Vince Young's name (he has the same twitch when they
mention Troy Smith...another running QB that has managed to torch Michigan
big time).  So, I have certainly been well aware of him for quite a
while...knew he was gonna cause Michigan fits back when it was determines
the Michigan would play Texas in the Rose Bowl last year.

FWIW, I doubt that any Pro team will take Vince Young before Leinart
unless then plan on making him an RB.  Running QBs (i.e. ones that tend to
think run before pass) don't seem to have much luck in the NFL.  McNabb
gets some credit, but to do so, he has "forgotten" much of his running
habits and become much more of a pocket passer.  Vick has yet to shed his
"running QB" tendencies and label, and as such is kind of not thought of
too highly in the NFL (kind of helps that they ain't got much in terms of
receivers).

Houston fans should be hoping that they forgo Bush and Young and Leinart
and go after some quality offensive linemen.  I don't care how good of a
QB you have if his sitting on his a$$ all day long.  About the only thing
that might be good if they went with Young would be maybe he could survive
a little longer before getting killed behind that sieve of an offensive
line.  FWIW, Detroit needs to do that same (hopefully no more receivers
with their 1st round pick).

Scott
Adrian, MI