Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Glu-Lam "Bents" --> Church Sanctuary[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Glu-Lam "Bents" --> Church Sanctuary
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:28:41 -0600
As long as I can remember I have seen these typically two-piece glue-laminated timber “bents” used to support church sanctuary roofs. They typically provide the lateral resistance component for the building as well.
Is there some sort of industry-standard name for this kind of structural element, or type of construction?
Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: gerber system
- Next by Subject: RE: Glu-Lam "Bents" --> Church Sanctuary
- Previous by thread: Floor Plate Load Tables
- Next by thread: RE: Glu-Lam "Bents" --> Church Sanctuary