Florida Building Code - Additions to Existing Bldgs

Situation:  Existing industrial use building in Florida to be expanded by
50%.  No firewall separation between existing and the addition.

As of the 2003 edition, section 3401.7.1.1.2 of the Florida Building Code
included an exception reading:
Existing buildings shall not be required to be upgraded to the structural
requirements of the code in effect on the date of application of the permit
for the addition.

The 2004 edition of the Florida Building Code has eliminated the section on
Existing Buildings and instead refers to the Florida Existing Building Code.
Can anyone tell me if the language of the 2004 Florida Existing Building
Code is similar to the section I quoted from the 2003 Florida Building Code.

TIA,

David Finley
M. David Finley, P.E., P.A.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111