Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind Exposure[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind Exposure
- From: "Ed Tornberg" <ed(--nospam--at)tornbergconsulting.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:33:24 -0800
Let’s say I have a house that’s 600 feet or so from the ocean, West coast. ASCE 7-02 governs.
Between the waterline and the house is a hill, evergreen trees, and other houses. It’s clearly surface roughness B all around.
Question1 : What is the design wind exposure?
Question 2: would it make any difference if using the 1997 UBC?
Tornberg Consulting, LLC
- Prev by Subject: Re: Why LRFD vs ASD (was: We're Not Getting Older, We're Getting DUMBER)
- Next by Subject: RE: Wind Exposure
- Previous by thread: RE: Florida Building Code - Additions to Existing Bldgs
- Next by thread: RE: Wind Exposure