Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wind Exposure[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wind Exposure
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:52:02 -0600
Bear in mind that you can have different exposures in different directions. For example, you may have “exposure B all around” except for the direction from the water, which could be “exposure C”.
From: Ed Tornberg
Let’s say I have a house that’s 600 feet or so from the ocean, West coast. ASCE 7-02 governs.
Between the waterline and the house is a hill, evergreen trees, and other houses. It’s clearly surface roughness B all around.
Question1 : What is the design wind exposure?
Question 2: would it make any difference if using the 1997 UBC?
Tornberg Consulting, LLC
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Exposure
- Next by Subject: Re: Wind Exposure
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Exposure
- Next by thread: RE: Wind Exposure