pjspe(--nospam--at)comcast.net

From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>

David:

Sight-unseen, I?m pretty sure the ?Florida Existing Building Code? is derived from the ?International Existing Building Code,? which is a new critter first published in its 2003 edition (of which I have a copy). I can assure you that the IEBC goes into greater detail than the sentence you quote from the 2003 FBC.

If you can be more specific (either here or by private email) I can probably narrow it down and ?quote? you the relevant passages. If the FEBC is ?marked-up? from the IEBC, they will likely have the changed portions shown somewhere online?at least, that?s the way many jurisdictions including the city of Houston do it.

Let me know if I can help further.