Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:33 PM
Subject: Wind Exposure

Let?s say I have a house that?s 600 feet or so from the ocean, West coast.  ASCE 7-02 governs.

Between the waterline and the house is a hill, evergreen trees, and other houses.  It?s clearly surface roughness B all around.

Question1 :  What is the design wind exposure?

Question 2:  would it make any difference if using the 1997 UBC?

Thanks,

Ed Tornberg

Tornberg Consulting, LLC

503-551-4165