Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Fw: Wind Exposure

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
If this is Oregon use the 2003 Oregon Dwelling Specialty Code (based on the 2003 IRC).  Anything within 1500 ft. of the ocean is exposure D.  If you can't get a conventional design to work then I believe the Oregon Structural Specialty Code is 2003 IBC based.
Good Luck.  The combination of 110 mph exp. D and SDC D2 will make for a very challenging design.
Curt La Count, P.E.
Jacobs Facilities
St. Louis, MO
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:33 PM
Subject: Wind Exposure

Let?s say I have a house that?s 600 feet or so from the ocean, West coast.  ASCE 7-02 governs.


Between the waterline and the house is a hill, evergreen trees, and other houses.  It?s clearly surface roughness B all around.


Question1 :  What is the design wind exposure?


Question 2:  would it make any difference if using the 1997 UBC?




Ed Tornberg

Tornberg Consulting, LLC