Re: Beam design

Again, my question to you: Do you have a basic engineering degree? If yes, which college did you go to?

Rajendran

Santhosh Kumar Yedidi <sant527(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
I am sorry, I am not getting the replies.

What I meant was, Generally members lying horizontally are designed as
beams, ofcource but columns are defined as those members irrespective
of its direction if there is some significant axial load acting.

So in my case if the beam is subjected to axial load then we cant use
the beam theory to design it.

On 1/9/06, David Fisher wrote:
> Gerard:
>
> Thanks for saying that...
>
> When I see questions like that, it really gives me the creeps.
>

> David L. Fisher SE PE
> Senior Principal
> Fisher + Partners Structural Engineers inc
> 372 West Ontario
> Chicago 60610
>
> 312.573.1701
> 312.573.1726 fax
> 312.622.0409 mobile
> www.fpse.com
>
> David L. Fisher SE PE
> Director
> Head of Design and Construction
> Cape Cod Grand Cayman Holdings Ltd
> 75 Fort Street
> Georgetown Grand Cayman BWI
> mobile 312.622.0409
> www.ccgch.com

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!