Re: AISC Steel Spec Combine forces question

I am reading the Charles Page's article on MSC Nov. 2005.  His got axial compression capacity of 892 kips.

Looking up the same column for LRFD I found the compression capacity is 844 kips.  This is a +6% of capacity.

I did not know that the capacities changes was happening to this code change.  Is that the case?

Thanks

Sam