Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: bolt force, round column.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct EngAssoc" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: bolt force, round column.
- From: "ASC" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:24:58 +1100
Question was asked:
From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
Subject: Bolt force in round column
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
I have a large diameter round column with bolts at about 6 inches on center
around the perimeter of the base. I know the axial load and the bending
moment. The bending moment is large. The virtual eccentricity is larger
than the column diameter so I know I have tension in some of the bolts. Can
someone direct me to a reference, or give me a formula, to calculate the
maximum tension in the individual bolts?
Treat the bolt pattern as having an area and mom. of inertia.
Distribute tension uniformly and bending per basic formula.
Multiply by bolt area.
Sincerely, Gregory from Oz
- Prev by Subject: Re: bolt force, round column
- Next by Subject: Re: bolt force, round column.
- Previous by thread: Re: Macintel [was Microsoft Word format screw-up---Help!]
- Next by thread: Re: bolt force, round column.