RE: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day (with apologies to Bill O'Reilly)

Bill

I have notes from a class where Mr. Gosh (concrete guru) stated as a rule of thumb:

For Pu (Gravity only)

If Pu <= 01AGf’c then design as beam, 1921.3

If Pu > 01AGf’c then design as column, 1921.4

Good Luck

Loving California,

Sharon Robertson, P.E.

Arcon Engineers