RE: plywood diaphragm restrained fdn wall

Bill:

This has been an issue in El Dorado County for some time.  What some of the engineers are doing are exactly what you are doing, but they are also designing the wall as propped, which would require some tension steel on the inside of the wall.  Then the floor diaphragm does have to be designed for the lateral loads.   You might check with your geotech also.

The problem is usually no matter what you design it for, it will get built different or the sequence won't be paid attention to anyway.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
neil moore and associates
consulting structural engineers
shingle springs, ca