RE: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day (with apologies to Bill O'Reilly)

Joe –

The UBC Version of this code section (1910.8.4) ends with “This provision shall not apply in Seismic Zones 3 and 4”.

Sigh…

Besides, I still would need half or (5)-#8s (which is still ridiculous).

Thanks anyway.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers