From: dave lowen [mailto:jatech(--nospam--at)kwic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:34 AM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 5/16 Fillet Weld

I think it was Bill Allen who posted a message this morning (I deleted it already) regarding changing a fillet weld size from 3/16 to 5/16 because it only amounted to a little more electrode.

In fact, a 5/16 fillet requires approximately 3 times the electrode as a 3/16 weld.

One could assume that if the deposition rate in pounds per hour were the same for both welds then the larger weld would take 3 times as long, a substantial labor cost.

Regards,

Dave Lowen

V 519 587 5797

F 519 587 5138