From: BPCE(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:BPCE(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day (with apologies to Bill O'Reilly)

In a message dated 1/11/06 1:48:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, sharon(--nospam--at)arconengineers.com writes:

"...but I seem to recall a section of the code where it was very clear
that, if Pu<0.10f'cAg, then the section can be considered a beam and not
a column. Unfortunately, I can no longer find that specific section in
the code.

Intresting, how does one design column or beam-column if the axial load is less than 0.10f'cAg

Carlo