Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete Fire protection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAOC List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Concrete Fire protection
- From: "Paul Feather" <pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:04:45 -0800
Please assist me with my interpretation of fire rating requirements. For a concrete slab to provide a four hour separation between a garage and the occupied spaces above, is the minimum coverage requirement for the bottom of the slab, or both top and bottom?
My interpretation was that since the separation is required for vehicle fire upward, the top reinforcement cover would be unaffected.
Does anyone have a good reference for this topic?
- Prev by Subject: RE: concrete embedments interaction equation
- Next by Subject: Re: Concrete Fire protection
- Previous by thread: RE: AWS D1.1 v. ASME IX - WPS and PQR
- Next by thread: Re: Concrete Fire protection