Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day
- From: BPCE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:09:50 EST
In a message dated 1/11/06 4:53:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net writes:
It is not the column design issue, what i was alluding to:
seem to recall a section of the code where it was very clear
It is the code prescriptive (for better word) design requirements and limitations. There is not a clearly defined design approach in the ACI code for lightly loaded columns (or am i missing it). Try to convence the plan checker when you are in gray area and he keeps telling you to Justify your design.
- Prev by Subject: Minimum Fillet welds for single plate shear connections - new AISC manual
- Next by Subject: RE: The Most Ridiculous Item of the Day (with apologies to Bill O'Reilly)
- Previous by thread: RE: Concrete Fire protection
- Next by thread: Kuwait Design Practices