From: Neil Moore [mailto:nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:26 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 5/16 Fillet Weld

Bill:

Dave's comment is good.  What he might of meant was that more weld passes would be required.  We weren't interested in a particular job but the overall economy of any project where welds larger than really required will increase the costs.

It might be of value to read  Section 7.5 in Blodgett's "Design of Welded Structures", one of  the structural engineers bibles.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
neil moore and associates
consulting structural engineers
shingle springs, ca