Kuwait Design Practices

My office is chasing some work in Kuwait.  This will be a first time for us is the middle-east.  I have heard some interesting stories from other companies which have done work there (mid-east).  If anyone can answer any of the following questions for us, it would be great.

  1. Do I need to obtain a local engineering license to practice?  If so, who do I contact to start the process?
  2. What is the design standard? (IBC, UBC, a EuroCode, my choice, etc)
  3. Are there any local engineering firms which people would recommend?  Obviously we have never worked there before.  We are debating potentially hiring a local firm to work with.  This would help solve the first two problems and also help us with construction practices in the region.

Thanks,

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT