Double Nuts on Anchor Rods

When we are doing structural steel detailing, we sometimes see double nuts on anchor rods - especially for industrial work.  I am curious if any of you know of any particular recommendations from AISC (or any other authority) regarding using double nuts for anchor rods.  I often see them where there are vibrations (screens), cranes, towers or stacks.

Best regards,

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.

LVTA
1584 Weaversville Road