Re: Double Nuts on Anchor Rods

Ken,

Yes, double nuts are often used for vibrating equipment and tall vertical vessels anchor bolts.  I do not have a copy in front of me but you might want to look at ASCE, "Wind Loads and Anchor Bolt Design for Petrochemical Facilities".

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
01/12/2006 07:35 AM
Please respond to seaint