Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Below Grade Connection - Epilogue[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Below Grade Connection - Epilogue
- From: Jim Getaz <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:11:42 -0500
Good choice. I should have said in my earlier post that what I have seen is that no matter the protective finish is applied, if the steel is not clean before the finish is applied the steel will rust behind and eventually through the finish. Welds are usually not cleaned well enough to inhibit this. I have been known to instruct our field crews on occasion to blast something then brush on a zinc-rich paint. They have handheld sandblast equipment to touch up a precast finish, so this is not as outrageous as it seems, but I do get annoyed stares.
63 degrees and sunny here at the Top of Virginia. Honest! – we’ll get winter sometime.
- Prev by Subject: Below Grade Connection - Epilogue
- Next by Subject: Re: Below Grade Connection, Was Usage of STAR section
- Previous by thread: Re: FOS for von-Mises stress criteria
- Next by thread: RE: Any Opinions? - Eng-Tips Forum - USE MESSAGE RULES