From: Casey K. Hemmatyar [mailto:khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Equipment support design

Dear list:
I appreciate your input on this:
My understating is that when an equipment is installed (about W=4,000 lbs) at the roof of a building, the CBC 2001 1632.2 would apply BOTH to the "attachment of the equipment" and "Supporting Frame."
The beam that is supporting the unit has to be designed for the compression/tension reactions due to Fp of the unit.
TIA
Casey K. Hemmatyar,
PE